incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <>
Subject Re: BAD link
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2012 12:28:52 GMT
On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 02:18:22PM +0200, J├╝rgen Schmidt wrote:
> I was too fast and should have read the thread completely.
> I can't remember the reason why I left out the en-US lang packs, we
> should check if they are necessary at all or if en-US is always there.

If you install a localized install set, you get only that localized
language. IIRC OOo never released en-US language packs, that's why many
people working in translation, needing to check some UI string in
English, ended up installing the en-GB language pack. Although for this
use case, it would be better to provide archived versions.

It would be interesting to know the statistics, from which countries
where those en-US language packs downloaded.

Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

View raw message