incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <>
Subject Re: [HELP]Where could get the information about parameter Properties values in method XStorable.storeAsURL
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2012 09:02:17 GMT

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 04:31:13PM +0800, dongjun zong wrote:
> I think I can't agree with you. I had used MS Office VBA APIs before, in
> their VBA API docs, include this kind of information.

MS may do stupids things, should we follow them just because it's MS?

> Besides compare with
> MS Office API docs, I think as public API docs, should contain the
> information for every method parameter valid list. Thus when I use a
> method, I only need to read the API docs.

AOO API docs have on the top a "Devguide" link. This should guide you to
an explanation and some implementation specifics. Of course, this can be
improved, and we could list every filter for FilterName and every
FilterOption and FilterData for every specific filter, but this cannot
be included in the API docs, it's implementation specific, a filter
implementation is free to change it. May be you didn't get that all the
tables in
are the implementation of FilterData for this specific filter, the PDF
export filter.

Now consider all the filters available in AOO, documenting each one in
the API documentation is a nonsense: besides breaking the notion of
implementation vs. specification, it will make the documentation too
long, I doubt MS does something similar.

Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

View raw message