incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Grignon <kevingrignon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [UX] DISCUSS - Survey Tool Recommendation
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2012 01:12:33 GMT
KG01 - see comments inline

On Aug 18, 2012, at 9:34 AM, Graham Lauder <yo@apache.org> wrote:

>>> Perfect. It is a good tool and it is in continuity with what the project
>>> used to use, see my old e-mail at
>>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ooo-dev/201206.mbox/%3
>>> C4 FEECC9A.3020905@apache.org%3E

KG01 - Great news. Most gracious.

>>> As I wrote in the same e-mail, Graham had written he had a working
>>> LimeSurvey installation that he could make available to the project:
>>> http://s.apache.org/wZ . So I'd try with that first, and I'd probably
>>> prefer option 3 to keep all services under one namespace.

KG01 - yes, a natural language oriented name such as "survey.openoffice.org" would be great.

>>> Regards,
>>>
>>>   Andrea.
>>
>> Just having long loud discussions with the host at the moment because the
>> site is broken, looks like an update has gone bad.  As soon as it's sorted
>> we can be in to it.
>>
>> We should probably still do the survey design on the wiki however.

KG01 - Indeed, I have been capturing the survey questions on the wiki. I will also start to
build the survey groups (question collections) in LimeSurvey to be ready to import into our
hosted instance, when available.

>> Cheers
>
> Good grief, server meltdown and they're talking about 72 hours before it's up
> again.

KG01 - No worries, as long as we can get cracking by the end of the week.

KG01 - Please share server details and user credentials when available.