incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Re: Extension downloading problem
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2012 17:22:34 GMT
On Sun, 2012-08-26 at 19:17 +0200, Roberto Galoppini wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 1:53 PM, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org>wrote:
>
> > Rob Weir wrote:
> >
> >> Also, I wonder if it would be worth submitting a patch for Apache.  It
> >> looks like they have the other content types used by OpenOffice, but
> >> not oxt files:
> >> http://svn.apache.org/repos/**asf/httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/**
> >> conf/mime.types<http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/conf/mime.types>
> >>

> > Actually, it seems it's already been there for a while:
> > $ svn annotate mime.types  | grep oxt
> > 571614   fielding application/vnd.openofficeorg.**extension
> > oxt
> > $ svn log | grep 571614
> > r571614 | fielding | 2007-08-31 23:57:29 +0200(ven, 31 ago 2007) | 3 lines
> >
> > and if I put an extension on my people.apache.org account I see it's
> > served correctly (of course, this has nothing to do with the problem under
> > discussion; but if problems come from an incorrect MIME type, then people
> > reporting the problem should be able to download
> > http://people.apache.org/~**pescetti/tmp/dict-it.oxt<http://people.apache.org/%7Epescetti/tmp/dict-it.oxt>
> > correctly).
> >

> I confirm your suspects, it's a MIME config issue. I tested SourceForge
> master, that works just fine, but not all mirrors do manage it correctly.
> As a short-term solution for all extensions - either hosted at SourceForge
> or at third party website - we report the following note:
>
> *Note: some browsers may download the extension as a .zip file; if this
> happens rename the downloaded file from .zip to .oxt*
>
> We can then run a communication plan to inform both mirror and
> third-parties.

Hi,

Yes - very good idea on the notice.

On the mime config, if I can help with this anyway - for example if
there is a list of the  mirrors available through the extension download
site I have a copy of IE/Vista which faithfully produces the .zip file
for octect/streams and I would be willing to try it on all the mirrors..
I'd think reporting on success would best be to you direct, I wouldn't
want to come off as demanding here (@Roberto - if that would help, I
will).

Unless - I'm assuming it is not that ning servers don't support it, is
it worth the time (I'll do so if someone thinks so) to actually check at
the project?

Best,

//drew