incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache OpenOffice Community Graduation Vote
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2012 16:10:49 GMT
Bullshit.  The policy is as old as the org itself and applies equally

to every project in the org including this one.  Rob, if you had the vaguest
clue about the history of what the httpd project produces you would have
some idea of what the written policy is meant to cover.  People who don't bother
to look often wind up making ignorant remarks about the written policy;
such is the nature of orgs which have zero educational standards for
participation at any level.

Policy writing itself is a long and painful process in a bottom-up org.
Very few people have enough experience with the diversity of our projects
to ensure the policy accurately reflects current activity.  The only person
who I've seen be consistently successful is Roy, and even then not without
input from others.

Your are welcome to get off your armchair and participate constructively
with others who care about the policy documentation over on site-dev@.
Otherwise I suggest you drop the antagonistic and over-the-top prose.