incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From drew jensen <drewjensen.in...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Extend release vote till after testing?
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2012 16:36:42 GMT
On Fri, 2012-08-17 at 18:26 +0200, J├╝rgen Schmidt wrote:
> On 8/17/12 6:07 PM, drew wrote:
> > On Fri, 2012-08-17 at 12:02 -0400, Rob Weir wrote:
> >> On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 11:55 AM, drew <drew@baseanswers.com> wrote:
> >>> Hi,
> >>>
> >>> My recollection is that the email for voting on the release said the
> >>> vote would run till tomorrow - but it sounds like formal testing is not
> >>> finished till Monday.
> >>>
> >>> Should the final vote not wait till after the testing is finished?
> >>>
> >>
> >> Not necessarily. Just because someone calls their tests "formal" does
> >> not mean we need to wait for them. My tests are just as valid as your
> >> test or anyone else's tests.
> >>
> >> I think we can move ahead, if the PPMC vote passes, and start the IPMC
> >> process.    Of course, if at any time someone finds a showstopper
> >> issue, we can cancel the vote, at any stage.  Even if a showstopper
> >> issue is found after the IPMC vote and minutes before we announce, we
> >> can still recall the release. There is no train on autopilot here.
> >>
> > 
> > Ah ok - and your opinion on the specific of this question about the
> > current release is - Yes, wait for Monday or No, don't wait?
> > 
> > I would wait.
> 
> no need to wait, if you feel comfortable with your testing/verification
> cast your vote.
> 
> Juergen
> 

Well, I thought given the head email here and what I was seeing
regarding the RAT scan that, in this specific case, it might make sense
to push out the extra 24 hours - but I don't feel strongly about it.

//drew

> 
> > 
> > Thanks
> > 
> > ps - just forget I used the word formal in the question, if that helps.
> > 
> >> -Rob
> >>
> >>> Thanks
> >>>
> >>> //drew
> >>>
> >>> On Fri, 2012-08-17 at 23:33 +0800, Ji Yan wrote:
> >>>> We did RC build test against RC2 rev. 1372282. Here is the report
> >>>> 1. BVT passed [1]
> >>>> 2. PVT is done [2]
> >>>> 3. Automation FVT passed [3]
> >>>> 4. Installation test complete [4]
> >>>> 5. General testing is done [5]
> >>>> 6. Native build testing [6]
> >>>>
> >>>> We are doing long run testing this weekend, and I'll bring the report
next
> >>>> Monday.
> >>>>
> >>>> [1]
> >>>> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/Report/BVT#BVT_Report_for_AOO3.4.1_Branch_r1372282
> >>>> [2]
> >>>> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/AOO341_PVTResult#PVT_report_on_3.4.1_RC1_r1372282
> >>>> [3]
> >>>> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/Report/FVT#FVT_Report_for_AOO3.4.1_Branch_r1372282
> >>>> [4] http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/AOO341_RC_TestResult#Installer_2
> >>>> [5] http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/AOO341_RC_TestResult#Rev._1372282
> >>>> [6]
> >>>> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/AOO341_RC_TestResult#Native_Build_Testing
> >>>
> >>>
> >>
> > 
> > 
> 



Mime
View raw message