incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Keith N. McKenna" <keith.mcke...@comcast.net>
Subject Developer ID for digitally signing Apple OSX releases?
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2012 23:23:50 GMT
With the release of OSX Mountain Lion and its new Gatekeeper feature I
wanted to ask if any thought had been given by the community of applying
to Apple for a Developer ID. My limited understanding is that by signing
the installation files with the Developer ID it automatically unlocks
the gatekeeper and allows the application to run. Otherwise there is a
short process that one must go through to change the security settings
for the application allowing it to open.

Based on a question in the user mailing list I am adding a link to the
Release Notes in the known problems section on how to make the required
change.

Regards
Keith