incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joost Andrae <Joost.And...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Should quickstarter be enabled or disabled by default?
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2012 07:57:05 GMT
Hi Armin,

> This would mean that it gets slower again after some time. I just did not
> use AOO, but worked on something else ca. 1 1/2 Hrs after rebooting.
> Nonetheless AOO started (doubleclicking the test document, no quickstarter,
> last used after reboot) instantly. There must be some least-recently-used
> thingy involved, I doubt that all dlls get kicked out after 10 min. Well,
> may depend on mem available and other things, though...
> I could not see it getting slower after 1 1/2 hours. If someone else has
> seen this (without quickstarter, on Win) please comment here.

how about to use available MS VC++ addons regarding GPU computing to
compile AOO like MS does with its own Metro apps for Win8 ? And how
about to invest some development resources into adding AOO libs to
Win7/Win8 system cache at install time instead of using the quickstarter ?

On my notebook (without HR's quickstarter) a document opens in 11
seconds without using the quickstarter and it starts immediately if the
office once started before. (Core2Duo 2.8 Ghz, 8 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD).

Kind regards, Joost