incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Larry Gusaas <larry.gus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java download link on AOO site
Date Sun, 15 Jul 2012 00:22:45 GMT
On 2012-07-14 5:48 PM Kay Schenk wrote:
>   I think the above bug you cited is not a java 1.6 vs 1.7 issue, It's a
> "can't find java" issue. I will do some more research tomorrow to see if
> there is a really a java 1.6 vs java 1.7 issue. I do remember seeing
> complaints about not being able to find java at all -- I would need to
> research if indeed there is a java 1.7 issue.
There are many reports of Java 1.7 not working with AOO on Windows. There are many threads
on
the user forum about the issue. One thread is
http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=54974#p240844

A search on the forum will find many more. The consensus seem to be that AOO Windows requires

the 32 bit version of Java 1.6 in order to work.

The same problem exists with LibreOffice as well. Many reports on their user mailing list
about
problems with Java. I think I recall there being problems with Linux as well, but I'm not
sure.

I am using a Mac so I can't check any of this out. The latest Java for Macs is 1.6.0_33

--

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com