incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Larry Gusaas <larry.gus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java download link on AOO site
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2012 22:51:57 GMT
On 2012-07-12 3:48 PM Joe Schaefer wrote:
> Hello? Is this thing on?  This project has a whopping
> 9GB website that all of maybe 5 people on the planet
> know how to takecare of, and it is rife with stale
> information inherited from a different past.  The website
> is a*community*  resource and that means*everyone*  is
> responsible for its upkeep.  You should be working hard
> to ensure that*everyone*  is capable of fixing it, not
> making exceptions for certain committers just because
> they do special things for you in other areas.  Anyone
> can use the CMS to submit a patch, and had Hagar done
> at least that much I wouldn't have anything to gripe about.
>

> The technology that facilitates website maintenance happens
> to be a CMS, but really it is no more challenging to work with
> than the average wiki.  Get over it, it's not a technological
> barrier for anyone capable of using a web browser, that means
> Hagar is part of the intended user base, despite his attitude
> towards it.

The tone, if not the intention, of your posts is extremely insulting and condescending. Hagar

gives a lot of time to this project and he spends it in areas that he has expertise in.

Do you think every committer should learn how to program and fix code? Your unreasonable demand

of Hagar is the equivalent of that.

Hagar deserves an apology from you. This project needs people like him. Personally, if I was
committer, I would tell you where to stick it.

--

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com