incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joost Andrae <Joost.And...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Suggestion - file format
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2012 08:23:19 GMT
Hi,

people who want to have MS Office file formats as default storage format
can configure it within the dialog

/tools/options/load~save/general/

Please bear in mind that MS Office file formats are not OpenOffice's
generic formats. OpenOffice needs to import/export them and it's not
guaranteed that these formats are supported by 100 per cent. Using the
ODF file format loading and saving is always safer and faster.
The ODF format is used by millions of users worldwide not only by using
OpenOffice but by using a lot of other programs that make use of this
OASIS and ISO approved document format.

Am 11.07.2012 09:55, schrieb Shmuel Wolfson:
> I think the idealism of the OOo community sometimes gets in the way of
> progress. OO becoming more popular is more important than everyone using
> the better file format. And if OO does become more popular, many people
> will use the preferred format.

btw. OpenOffice is already a very popular product!

Kind regards, Joost