incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From emanuel.alme...@globmail.com.br
Subject Allow to turn OOo-file locking off.
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2012 20:02:44 GMT

Dear Developer team,

   After a deep search, i reached to a possible (possible) and definitive solution to disable
the "lock" file creation.

   The "lock" file is created when you open any document on OpenOffice, however, i always
found in the results that it is not a critical function
   and i had proved it when i opened a file, deleted the lock file, and has no able to open
it from other computer on workgroup while its remain
   open on original computer (System Win XP 32-bits).

   The solution found inform that i only need enter on directory "...aoo-3.4.0/main/officecfg/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/"
and, inside
   the file "Common.xcu", is a parameter "UseDocumentOOoLockFile", of Boolean type, that i
only need change the value to disable the locking file
   creation.

   I tried to apply this solution, but on the "Common.xcu" file do not exist such parameter,
i believe that it had existed on previous versions,
   but is not present on AOO 3.4. I kindly ask you to answer two question:

      1. Can i disable the lock file creation?

      2. If i can, are there a easy manner to me to compile the all stuff and create a installation
package?

   I really know that i want so pretty much (may be a "Hello World" tutorial is more adequate
for me ;) ), but my organization have problems
   every day with documents that has been lock and no more remain in use.

   OBS.: Simply delete the "lock" file is a easy and fast solution, however, the final users
must be oriented every time about how to do it.

My best regards,

Emanuel de Almeida
solely for the use of its addressee and may contain privileged or confidential
information. If you are not the addressee you should not distribute, copy or file this message.
In this case, please notify the sender and
destroy its contents immediately.<BR>Esta mensagem é para uso exclusivo de seu destinatário
e pode conter informações privilegiadas e
confidenciais. Se você não é o destinatário não deve distribuir, copiar ou arquivar a
mensagem. Neste caso, por favor, notifique o remetente da
mesma e destrua imediatamente a mensagem.</font></em>