incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Communications regarding post AOO 3.4.1 plans
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2012 15:05:38 GMT

On Jul 26, 2012, at 7:55 AM, Rob Weir wrote:

> When we release AOO 3.4.1 we will certainly get the question "What next?"
>
> What are we comfortable saying?   Obviously we don't want to promise
> specific dates or features, but from what I'm seeing it sounds
> something like this:
>
> 1) A 3.5.0 release, with more languages, bug fixes, interop work, also
> features merged in from Symphony.  More Windows 8 work, any needed
> Mountain Lion work, potentially additional ports.  Estimated ship date
> is Q4 ???

I would organize this better around Languages, Operating System Support, Enhancements, and
Bug Fixes. State which Languages are already in the pipeline, which OSs, what categories of
Enhancements, and the "catch all" of bug fixes. Each group can be a call for volunteers.

> 2) If needed, a 3.4.2 release to address any critical bugs (e.g.,
> security).   Would also include additional languages available at that
> time.  No estimated date yet, since this would only be released if
> needed based on bug reports.

If there was a 3.4.2 release for security would we add any languages that might be ready?

Regards,
Dave