incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Java download link on AOO site
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2012 19:44:59 GMT

On Jul 12, 2012, at 12:04 PM, Hagar Delest wrote:

> Le jeu. 12 juil. 2012 00:39:17 CEST, Joe Schaefer <joe_schaefer@yahoo.com> a écrit
:
>> Why does Hagar need an agent to carry this out?  Isn't
>> Hagar a committer and therefore can't he edit the page
>> himself with the CMS?
>>

>> JFDI Hagar.  This does not need discussion unless you require
>> more documentation about how to use the CMS.
>
> Sorry but I know nothing about that.
> I'm a committer because it's a requirement to be PPMC but I don't intend to have any
activity in such areas.

I did this and published the site. It took 3 minutes. It is very easy to make simple edits.
Rob has made a good video tour.

Joe has spent a lot of effort creating the Apache CMS and making sure that it worked for projects
like ours.

Let's not consider his short messages encouraging people to be anything negative. It is more
like encouraging someone to dive into the pool for the first time.

Regards,
Dave