incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lui...@gmail.com>
Subject Apache OpenOffice (I) at Oscon
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2012 04:41:15 GMT
Hi
I'm at Oscon for most of the week Oscon is the open source convention of note and where the
term, "open source" was in fact coined. It draws those from all sectors. Apache has a room
tomorrow, where I can present a brief (or boringly long) summary of work being done. I expect
critiques as well as queries regarding process and product.

I've kept in touch with what is going on. But my interest is in learning what you have to
say and would have me say. It's not an official representation that I'll give; it's more a
subjective zeitgeist presentation.

So here are some areas:

* status of the product: where are we?

* status of the product: where are we going, what is the next release and when?

* status of the product: how popular is it? We've just breached 7M downloads since inception
of AOO (i) but where do we stand regarding locations of downloads, etc? What kinds of platforms?
What languages?

* Status of project: how are the NLCs doing?

* Status of community: what can be done in the community to improve?

	- communication efforts?
	- regional outreach?
	- other?

These are all fairly obvious and even whimsical questions and points; feel free to add more.
 The presentation, too, will be brief—

Thanks
Louis