incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jianyuan Li <lijianyuan1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal]Enhance shape gradient import/export feature for MS 2003
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2012 08:41:43 GMT
Hi, Regina,

Thanks for your comments. Please see my answer for your concerns inline.

2012/7/26 Regina Henschel <rb.henschel@t-online.de>

> Hi Jianyuan,
>
> Jianyuan Li schrieb:
>
>  Hi, All,
>>
>> Now I am fixing an issue (i119498) about shape gradient import/export.
>> Besides the issue, some other issues are also found. Shape gradient
>> import/export is not supported well by AOO. So I did some investigation
>> about how shape gradient works and current mechanism of shape gradient
>> filter. I plan to do some enhancements which have been listed in below
>> wiki:
>> http://wiki.services.**openoffice.org/wiki/Impress/**Features/**
>> ShapeGradientEnhancementForMS2**003Filter<http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Impress/Features/ShapeGradientEnhancementForMS2003Filter>
>>
>> Suggestions and comments are welcomed.
>>

> It is a very good idea to describe the problems. That will help a lot to
> understand the implementation and verify it.
>
> I have a suggestion in regard to angles.
> (1)
> So to make the description unambiguous, it would help to start with a
> picture of the angle setting (something like 20°), which the user makes in
> MS 2003 in the advanced dialog, where all settings are visible; then the
> result on screen in MS 2003, and then the resulting values in MS file
> format.

[Jianyuan] I have added the UI in wiki.

> (2)
> The term "gradient vector" is not clear.
> <quote>Angle: For MS 2003, angle property specifies the angle of the
> shaded fill that rotates the gradient vector in a counterclockwise
> direction and will be represented with minus number. Zero degree represents
> a vertical vector from bottom to top.</quote>
> I understand "gradient vector" as direction from the color at 0% to the
> color at 100% (as in svg). Then in MS 2010 my "gradient vector" of zero
> degree is in positive x-axis direction as expected. Is it different in MS
> 2003 or do you define the "gradient vector" in a different way?

[Jianyuan] This part is a reference from MS 2003 specification for drawing.
[[MS-ODRAW].pdf].

> (3)
> And another suggestion: To make it easier to verify the implementation,
> mention the settings in the UI too. For example in MS 2010 there are four
> kind of gradients (Linear, Radial, Rectangular, Path), with a setting for
> angle (for Linear) or direction (for Radial/Rectangular), and in addition a
> check box 'rotate with shape'. How do they map to your pictures?

[Jianyuan] I have added UI in wiki. MS 2003 differentiate gradient type by
shade style, which is different from MS 2010 totally.

> And questions:
> (4)
> In MS 2010 it is possible to define stop colors in between e.g at 30%
> (similar to svg). Is that possible in MS 2003 too? [I have no longer got an
> older version of MS Office to test it.] If yes, how will you handle it?

[Jianyuan] I think there is no "stop" concept in MS 2003 and will not
handle it.

> (5)
> In MS 2010 a line can have a gradient too. Is that possible in MS 2003
> too? If yes, will you handle that too?

[Jianyuan] From MS 2003 UI, this cannot be set. And I will not handle it.

> Kind regards
> Regina

Regards -- Jianyuan