incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fwd: New links for localization web page
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2012 19:52:52 GMT
On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 3:22 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.schenk@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 12:12 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

>> fail-over

>> and it

>> > We seem to have MANY references to  download.services.openoffice.org
>> > in the web pages. Maybe INFRA could do a DNS redirect for us from
>> > download.services.openoffice.org -> openoffice.mirrorbrain.org?
>> >
>> > Should we request this?
>> >

>> If it is all in HTML pages that we control, it would be better to
>> update the HTML.
>>
>> But I wonder whether we should just point them all to SourceForge?
>> So far no one has taken the lead on figuring out what we need to do to
>> maintain MirrorBrain.  So we're constantly one hiccup away for that
>> service failing entirely.   If the directory structure is the same
>> this could be an easy search and replace operation (or a small set of
>> them) on ooo-site.
>>
>> -Rob
>>

> Before I stopped my search of the website content ("grep"), I had 3133
> occurrences.  Maybe 75% of the way done I think. So, a lot...so far, a mix
> of 3.3 downloads (at SourceForge), and 3.2 (not at SourceForge). So, we
> could definitely change the 3.3 references to SourceForge, but what about
> the 3.2 references?

I do have some stats on MirrorBrain downloads of OOo.  So in the most
recent full month (June) the download counts were:

OOo 3.3.0: 586,785
OOo 3.2.1: 1,365
OOo 3.2.0: 166
OOo 3.1.0: 23
OOo 3.0.1: 24
OOo 3.0.0: 60

(In that same time period AOO 3.4.0 had 4M downloads)

So I think we should focus on the OOo 3.3.0 links.  They are being
used over 400x more often then the 3.2.1 links.

Do we know whether SF has a complete copy of the OOo 3.3.0 files, with
all languages/platforms?

-Rob