incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Google Analytics Calls [Was: Re: CSS debugging (ability to read Polish might help)]
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2012 00:43:06 GMT
On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 8:15 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Jul 24, 2012, at 4:22 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 6:16 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
>>> Hi Rob,

then the plan is below - which will finish a change that Ariel started.

>>> I've made the template changes for google-analytics.
>>>
>>> Go ahead and do your steps. Let me know and I'll
>>>

>> OK.  That was odd.  I did a local svn update before checking in, but
>> when I then did an update on the CMS it gave me two conflicts:
>>
>> pl/index.html
>> sk/topnav.mdtext
>>
>> Nothing fatal, I was able to recover.
>>
>> So ready for your changes.
>>
>> -Rob
>>

>>> (1) cd ooo-site/trunk
>>>
>>> (2) svn up
>>>
>>> (3) svn commit -m 'Put /google-analyitics.js ssi include onto every page via
the template'

> These are done and the staging build is complete even though the commit email is still
being created.

> Please evaluate http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/

I'll take a look  now.

>>> I'll review bodytag later - there are a lot we don't really want ...
>
> I'm reviewed the body tags and my main concern is the onload and onunload javascript
functions:

> loginfocus()
> windowTitle()
> self.focus()
> load()
> GUnload()
> activateByURL()
> asd()

What is your concern?   Wouldn't it work to simply copy all attributes
on the src <body> and copy them into the dest <body>?

> One thing we can do is add the appropriate set of null javascript that can be added by
another SSI that is selected from the templates/ssi.mdtext and templates/*/ssi.mdtext.

: 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js';

analytics code can be removed. I suppose done properly the doubles won't matter much, but

- it's nice to see some else making a change!

to be white-on-white or
of the problem.

it, of course, in all
is not clear to me.