incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Registration
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2012 16:26:37 GMT
On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 12:06 PM, Barry Storah <barrystorah@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I keep getting a message to "Register Your OpenOffice.org", it is not possible as I always
get the message - Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage, or from OpenOffice welcome
page - get more information "the webpage cannot be found".

Hi Barry,

It sounds like you are installing an old version of OpenOffice.  The
current version is 3.4 and it does not have a registration screen.
You can download the latest version from
http://download.openoffice.org.

If for some reason you need to install the older version, you will get
the behavior you reported.  The registration went to a Sun/Oracle
website that no longer is up.  You can safely ignore that error.

Regards,

-Rob