incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RELEASE][3.4.1]: preparation of download links etc.
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2012 22:10:59 GMT
On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 6:00 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Jul 27, 2012, at 2:49 PM, Roberto Galoppini wrote:

>>> Of course you mean *prepare* the update, aren't you? ;-)
>>>
>>> I'll takeover this part and try to deliver first things on Sunday.
>
> We should avoid even modifying ooo-site staging as people may very well inadvertently
push to production.

>> Ok, let us know when you want to light it up, since we do need to
>> prime the mirrors before.
>
> Whoa, slow down. There is no way that we are releasing on Sunday. ASFAIK. No one has
cut, proposed, reviewed or VOTED on any AOO 3.4.1 RC of any kind.

> It's good to be ready, but let's not jump the gun.

Right.  We're just establishing a list of items that will need to be
done once we have a release.   Some are entirely predictably and can
be prepared off-line now.  For example, the final file names and paths
are known, so download pages, scripts, etc., can be prepared.  I just
checked in an updated stats python script to support AOO 3.4.1
download stats, for example.

But before things go onto the public website, or onto the blog or
ooo-announce, we need an actual release, as well as time to load the
mirrors.

This might be a good thing to track on a wiki page, or even we
webpage.  A check list of release tasks that we can refer to.

-Rob