incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject What to say in AOO 3.4.1 release announcement about the ports? (BSD, Solaris, OS/2)?
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2012 18:36:48 GMT
I'm drafting the 3.4.1 release announcement blog post.  I have a
bullet list where I highlight what is in 3.4.1.  I list what platforms
are supported, mention the Windows 8 compatibility improvements,  and
then follow with this bullet item:

"Community members are also working on BSD, Solaris and OS/2 ports,
with plans to release these outside of Apache."

Is this accurate and worth saying?   Would it make sense to also
include links for each of these ports, where the reader can go for
more information?

Although these are not Apache releases, they are part of the close
ecosystem, with developers working directly in our project to support
these ports.  So I think there is some logic to mentioning them in the
release announcement.  But work that happens entirely outside of the
project, like portable applications versions, would not get a mention.

Does this seem fair and appropriate?

If we agree to do this, I'll need a link for each of BSD, Solaris and
OS/2, for more information.

The alternative would be to not mention the ports at all.

Regards,

-Rob