incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CMS anonymous user improvements
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2012 14:08:04 GMT
On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 6:53 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.schenk@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 2:41 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 8:47 AM, Joe Schaefer <joe_schaefer@yahoo.com>
>> wrote:
>> > This weekend David Blevins and I worked on streamlining
>> > the anonymous user support in the CMS.  Two major improvements
>> > are the introduction of "Quick Mail" and anonymous clones.
>> >
>> > Quick Mail is the analog of Quick Commit but for anonymous
>> > users- it is enabled by default and makes submitting patches
>> > to the mailing list much easier to execute.  The mailout will
>> > contain a url for committers to use that permits a committer
>> > to clone the working copy of the anonymous user, so all you'd
>> > need to do is review the change in the CMS and commit it.
>> >
>> > Would be nice if Rob or someone created a video tutorial for this
>> > that's geared toward anon users and showed off these new features.
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fvg1pfHLhE
>>

> Hi Rob --
>
> I couldn't read this one as clearly as your first. You used some sort of
> zoom mechanism on the first one I think, and also there seemed to be some
> text annotations on the first one with actual bookmarlet URL that this one
> doesn't have.

I'm still learning the tool (Camtasia)  It looks like if you do the
original recording at a higher resolution than the output resolution
then you can tell it to automatically zoom in to area where your mouse
is.  But in this case my recording resolution is the same as the
output resolution, so no zooming is possible.

But I can add text annotations, arrows, etc.

-Rob