incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fwd: New links for localization web page
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2012 02:22:24 GMT
On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 8:39 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 5:33 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.schenk@gmail.com> wrote:

OOo MirrorBrain page

>>> fails

>>> sometimes

>>> use

 That is

>>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/packages/7/
>>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/extended/iso/en/
>>>

>>> --
>>> Dave Brondsema
>>> Principal Software Engineer - sf.net
>>> Geeknet
>>>
>>> --
>>> ====
>>> This e- mail message is intended only for the named recipient(s) above. It
>>> may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the
>>> intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
>>> distribution or copying of this e-mail and any attachment(s) is strictly
>>> prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately
>>> notify the sender by replying to this e-mail and delete the message and any
>>> attachment(s) from your system. Thank you.
>>>

>> We could certainly change all the 3.2 references to 3.3 (at SourceForge) if
>> that's your thinking. I'd need to check on the naming for 3.3 vs 3.2. It's
>> doable...it would probably be better to do areas at a time rather than all
>> at once.
>>

> I was thinking of something simpler:
>
> 1) fix the 3.3 links to point to SourceForge.
>
> 2) ignore the 3.2 links for now.  We can deal with them, if needed,
> later.  But not as urgent

OK.  I've made two sets of changes to stabilize the OOo 3.3.0 downloads:

1) I changed the OOo 3.3.0 downloads that came from
download.services.openoffice.org to point to SourceForge instead

2) I made a similar change to OOo 3.3.0 downloads that were pointing
to openoffice.mirrorbrain.org

3) I did not touch any of the OOo 2.2.1 links. From what I can tell
they are not available at openoffice.mirrorbrain.org or at
SourceForge.  So if we want to preserve access we'll need to either:

a) point to the install images at archives.apache.org

b) ask SourceForge to host them

or (my preference)

c) remove all direct links to pre OOo 3.3.0 downloads altogether and
point those pages to the existing legacy download information at:
http://www.openoffice.org/download/archive.html

Regards,

-Rob