incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Terms of Service on Forums
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2012 22:09:10 GMT
On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 5:06 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

>>> I think that the question can be closed since the link is now pointing to thte
correct page.

>>> Perhaps during an operation on the forum recently that link had been reverted
to the old Oracle page.

>>> Hagar
>>
>> Hi Hagar,
>>
>> You mean, I suppose, that the bottom link in the footer of each forum
>> (just double checked each) links to:
>> http://www.openoffice.org/terms_of_use
>>
>> I think that is where it should point, and that is the page in need of
>> update.
>
> Would someone please JFDI? There have been 100 emails on this topic on ooo-dev and ooo-private.

I think that is an argument against JFDI, not for it.

> If you are afraid it will be rejected then do a terms_of_use2 and then get feedback.

If you think something will be rejected then you should make a lazy
consensus proposal first.  JFDI is for non-controversial changes.

> Between Dennis and Rob there is certainly some middle ground.

Not really relevant.  Other views have been raised that agree with
neither Dennis nor me.  So portraying our views as being the extremes
within which we should seek middle ground is inaccurate and divisive.
If you have a proposal to make, then make it, but without the
editorial commentary, please.

-Rob