incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Remove OpenOffice Consultants list
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2012 20:30:21 GMT
On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 4:10 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
> +1. IMHO - JFDI but thanks for letting others say different.

A reasonable alternative would be if someone wanted to propose a fair
process for reviewing and maintaining a consultants list.  But right
now we're hurting potential consultants more than helping them.  If
you search Google for 'openoffice consultant' you get several links to
obsolete website pages before you get a genuine consultant.  So we're
pushing the real consultants off the 1st page of search results by
having the outdated content on our website.

Ditto for CD distributors.  Try searching for "buy openoffice cd".
Our outdated content is competing against our own ecosystem.  And
because of our PageRank the outdated content is "winning".

-Rob