incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CMS anonymous user improvements
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 01:43:44 GMT
On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 2:57 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.schenk@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 7:08 AM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

>> > Hi Rob --
>> >
>> > I couldn't read this one as clearly as your first. You used some sort of
>> > zoom mechanism on the first one I think, and also there seemed to be some
>> > text annotations on the first one with actual bookmarlet URL that this
>> one
>> > doesn't have.
>> >

>> I'm still learning the tool (Camtasia)  It looks like if you do the
>> original recording at a higher resolution than the output resolution
>> then you can tell it to automatically zoom in to area where your mouse
>> is.  But in this case my recording resolution is the same as the
>> output resolution, so no zooming is possible.
>>
>> But I can add text annotations, arrows, etc.
>>
>> -Rob
>>

> Text annotations would help I think. This video is really quite a different
> experience for me than your first -- I can't say why.
>
> I enjoyed your humorous account of searching for "CMS" in wikipedia by the
> way. That "Certificate in Master Safecracking" might bear some research! :)

Here is the amazing coincidence.  I recorded that video back on June
24th.  The joke about the CMS abbreviations was just random, based on
what Wikipedia showed.   One of them I showed in the tutorial was CMS
== Compact Muon Solenoid.

Well, what happened a week later?

The CMS, part of CERN, announces that they think they've found the
Higgs Boson, the long sought particle.

But wait, there's more!

Look at the CMS press releases here:
http://cms.web.cern.ch/org/cms-presentations-public

All the the press release translations are in PDF or DOC or DOCX
format, except from the one in Finnish, which is in "OpenOffice"
format (well, really ODF).  And we're adding Finnish translation in
our next release.

So very strange, improbable coincidences.   Or did Joe cause the Higgs
Boson to be created by adding anonymous support to the Apache CMS?

Hmmm...

-Rob