incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Draft] The Public Service Mission of OpenOffice
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2012 17:10:00 GMT
On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 12:33 PM, toki <toki.kantoor@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 07/17/2012 04:03 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
>
>> Additionally, users who create documents must do their part to ensure that the documents
they create
>> work well with assistive technology, for example through the use of image captions,
consistent list levels, etc.  OpenOffice provides
>> strong accessibility support, including broader ecosystem support via extensions,
for working with Braille printers, exporting to DAISY talking books, etc.

> have you ever giving the Braille or DAISY output from OOo to a blind
> person?  If so, were they able to successfully use it?

Yes, from what I've seen and heard, these extensions work quite well,
If you have any specific issues to report, I'd recommend you bring
them directly to those projects.  I've cc'ed one of the authors.

In any case, the parent post is about mission and goals, not
collecting bug reports.  I assume you have objections to accessibility
as a project goal.

-Rob