incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Which site should I add QA homepage into?
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2012 01:39:40 GMT
On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 9:25 PM, Zhe Liu <aliuzhe@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> QA homepage is out of date and confusing. I plan to update it.
> Currently, we have two sites. Which site should I add QA homepage
> into?
> http://www.openoffice.org/
> or
> http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/
> The two sites and two WIKIs make me very confusing.

The old OpenOffice.org project had only one website.  Everything was
there, for users and for project members.

At Apache we need to have an apache.org address as well.

In some cases we've tried to make sense of this like this:

1) Use openoffice.org website for user-facing content, about the
product and how to use it.

2) Use the incubator.apache.org website for project-facing content,
about the AOO project and how to work within it.

So maybe add a new QA page here, under "Development":
http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/

And from there you can give a basic intro.  If there are other pages
you want to link to, on openoffice.org, then that is fine as well.

-Rob