incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Google Analytics Calls [Was: Re: CSS debugging (ability to read Polish might help)]
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2012 23:22:00 GMT
On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 6:16 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>
> On Jul 23, 2012, at 12:08 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 7:16 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
>>> Hi Rob,
>>>
>>> Are you ready to for Google Analytics on every page of ooo-site? If so, then
the plan is below - which will finish a change that Ariel started.

>> OK.  I've removed all the GA code from pages where it exists today.
>> All my changes are local.  Let me know when you are ready and will:
>>
>> 1) Do an svn update to see if there are any last-minute changes I need
>> to merge with
>>
>> 2) Do an svn commit
>>
>> 3) Trigger an svn update on staging
>>
>> At that point I think it will be free for you to make the template changes.
>
> I've made the template changes for google-analytics.
>
> Go ahead and do your steps. Let me know and I'll

OK.  That was odd.  I did a local svn update before checking in, but
when I then did an update on the CMS it gave me two conflicts:

pl/index.html
sk/topnav.mdtext

Nothing fatal, I was able to recover.

So ready for your changes.

-Rob

> (1) cd ooo-site/trunk
>
> (2) svn up
>
> (3) svn commit -m 'Put /google-analyitics.js ssi include onto every page via the template'
>
> I'll review bodytag later - there are a lot we don't really want ...
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>

>> -Rob

PL site.

>>> Here is part of ooo-site/templates/skeleton.html
>>>
>>> {% if header %}
>>> {% autoescape off %}{{ header }}{% endautoescape %}{% else %}
>>> <title>{% block title %}{{ headers.title }}{% endblock %}</title>
>>> {% if headers.css %}<link href="{{ headers.css }}" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">{%
endif %}

>>> <script type="text/javascript">
>>>    var _gaq = _gaq || [];
>>>    _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-30193653-1']);
>>>    _gaq.push(['_setDomainName', 'openoffice.org']);
>>>    _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);
>>>
>>>    (function() {
>>>        var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript';
ga.async = true;
>>>        ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www')
+ '.google-analytics.com/ga.js';
>>>        var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga,
s);
>>>    })();
>>> </script>
>>> {% endif %}
>>>
>>> Here header is null if the file is mdtext and not null otherwise.
>>>
>>> If the {% endif %} is moved above the script then it will always be added.
>>>
>>> I would instead change this to:
>>>
>>> {% if header %}
>>> {% autoescape off %}{{ header }}{% endautoescape %}{% else %}
>>> <title>{% block title %}{{ headers.title }}{% endblock %}</title>
>>> {% if headers.css %}<link href="{{ headers.css }}" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">{%
endif %}
>>> {% endif %}
>>> <!--#include virtual="/google_analytics.ssi" -->
>>>
>>> And then put the google analytics code in: ooo-site/trunk/content/google_analytics.ssi
>>>
>>> Warning this is a sledgehammer and at a similar moment all of the google analytics
code can be removed. I suppose done properly the doubles won't matter much, but ....

>>> BTW - This was Ariel's change to add GS to the head in the template/skeleton
- it's nice to see some else making a change!

> [...]
>>> ./hu/about-downloads.html
>>> ./hu/about-issues.html
>>> ./hu/about-product.html
>>> ./hu/about-spellcheck.html
>>> ./hu/aoo34.html
>>> ./hu/background.html
>>> ./hu/base.html
>>> ./hu/calc.html
>>> ./hu/draw.html
>>> ./hu/get_legal-hu.html
>>> ./hu/impress.html
>>> ./hu/index.html
>>> ./hu/localisation.html
>>> ./hu/math.html
>>> ./hu/press_kit.html
>>> ./hu/reqts.html
>>> ./hu/reviews.html
>>> ./hu/suite.html
>>> ./hu/whatsnew-2.0.html
>>> ./hu/whatsnew-3.0.html
>>> ./hu/writer.html
>>> ./index.html
>>> ./it/download/3.4.0/download340.html
>>> ./it/download/index.html
>>> ./it/index.html
>>> ./it/stampa/comunicati/aoo34-1M.html
>>> ./it/stampa/comunicati/aoo34.html
>>> ./ja/download/index.html
>>> ./ja/index.html
>>> ./license.html
>>> ./lingucomponent/download_dictionary.html
>>> ./lv/index.html
>>> ./marketing/marketing_bouncer.html
>>> ./mk/3.0.html
>>> ./mk/3.1.0.html
>>> ./mk/3.1.1.html
>>> ./mk/index.html
>>> ./news/aoo34-1M.html
>>> ./news/aoo34.html
>>> ./news/index.html
>>> ./nl/downloaden.html
>>> ./nl/index.html
>>> ./no/index.html
>>> ./pl/addons.index.html
>>> ./pl/archive.html
>>> ./pl/contact.developers.html
>>> ./pl/contact.users.html
>>> ./pl/docs.index.html
>>> ./pl/docs.licencja.html
>>> ./pl/help.install.html
>>> ./pl/helping.credits.html
>>> ./pl/helping.how.html
>>> ./pl/index.html
>>> ./pl/marketing.logo.html
>>> ./pl/product.download.html
>>> ./pl/product.download.lpack.html
>>> ./pl/product.download1.html
>>> ./pl/product.other.html
>>> ./pl/product.sources.html
>>> ./pl/www/addons.index.html
>>> ./pl/www/archive.html
>>> ./pl/www/contact.developers.html
>>> ./pl/www/contact.users.html
>>> ./pl/www/docs.index.html
>>> ./pl/www/docs.licencja.html
>>> ./pl/www/help.install.html
>>> ./pl/www/helping.credits.html
>>> ./pl/www/helping.how.html
>>> ./pl/www/index.html
>>> ./pl/www/marketing.logo.html
>>> ./porting/mac/index.html
>>> ./projects/accepted.html
>>> ./projects/incubator.html
>>> ./projects/index.html
>>> ./projects/native-lang.html
>>> ./pt-br/index.html
>>> ./pt-br/news/aoo34.html
>>> ./qa/issue_handling/submission_gateway.html
>>> ./qa/ooQAReloaded/Docs/QA-Reloaded-BasicRules.html

problem.