incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL]: Url change for wiki and user forum
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2012 12:43:00 GMT
On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 7:18 AM, Jürgen Schmidt
<jogischmidt@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 7/11/12 1:13 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>> Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>>> obsolete over time and will be replaced by
>>> wiki.openoffice.org
>>> user.openoffice.org (or better users.openoffice.org)
>>
>> Good, but I would definitely add
>> forum.openoffice.org
>> too as the Forum address (singular; the fact that there are actually 10
>> different forum environments for the different languages is irrelevant).
>>

> I am fine with this
>
> user.services.openoffice.org -> forum.openoffice.org
>
> The former Urls should remain valid but the new ones should be used in
> the future and we should replace all occurrences on our web sites...

+1, assuming these are all done as HTTP 301 "permanent redirect"

Also,  we'll need to make sure we don't intefere with the update
servers, which are also services.openoffice.org domains.  MirrorBrain
too, I think.  So maybe only redirect very specific subdomains.