incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <>
Subject Re: more 3.4.1 questions...supported OSes
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2012 20:23:49 GMT
On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 3:49 PM, Pedro Giffuni <> wrote:
> Hi Rob;
>>If something is in the release I would expect:
>>1) We have instructions for building it in the Building Guide
>>2) A user could download our source from SVN and build it according to
>>the Building Guide
>>Is this true of the BSD port?  If so we could include it in the
>>release, I think.  If not then maybe we add a "ports" link to the
>> page to point to off-site ports.  These
>>links could be updated as new BSD releases become available.
> Except for some minor patches, available here:
> the instructions for building on linux apply to FreeBSD too.
> The port is under control and very stable but we have deferred declaring
> it official until we find clean ways to fix the remaining patches.

But I think there is a distinction between an "official BSD" release
and an "official Apache" release.  An Apache one is one that the PMC
votes on.

So we can sync on schedules and co-promote the port as part of our
release announcement, etc.  Is that what you want to do?  That is

But calling it an official Apache release, distributing via the
mirrors, that might require more work.  For example, the BSD specific
patches would need to be run through the RAT scans.  We'd need to
figure out if they are considered 3rd party code and added to LICENSE
file, etc.  Not impossible, but not something we can ignore.

> Pedro.

View raw message