incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Google Analytics Calls [Was: Re: CSS debugging (ability to read Polish might help)]
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2012 01:22:21 GMT
On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 8:58 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Jul 24, 2012, at 5:43 PM, Rob Weir wrote:

If so, then the plan is below - which will finish a change that Ariel started.

>>> These are done and the staging build is complete even though the commit email
is still being created.

>>> Please evaluate http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/
>>>

>> I'll take a look  now.

Looks good based on my spot check.

>>> I'm reviewed the body tags and my main concern is the onload and onunload javascript
functions:

>>> loginfocus()
>>> windowTitle()
>>> self.focus()
>>> load()
>>> GUnload()
>>> activateByURL()
>>> asd()
>>>

>> What is your concern?   Wouldn't it work to simply copy all attributes
>> on the src <body> and copy them into the dest <body>?
>
> My concern is being perfect and not having functions that fail and give potential errors.
That means we ought to provide a null function. An edge case.

So one possible issue is this:  by not copying these event hooks until
now, there may be some ooo-site pages where such code is not today
being called, and that code, if not enabled by this change, would then
be invoked and bring out a latent bug that either existed in the
legacy website or was introduced in the migration.  I don't see it
creating any new bugs, but just bringing out latent ones.  But the
risk sounds small, and if it does happen it will be obvious and can
easily be fixed.

> I am testing the just copy them case right now on my local build.
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>

>>> One thing we can do is add the appropriate set of null javascript that can be
added by another SSI that is selected from the templates/ssi.mdtext and templates/*/ssi.mdtext.

>>> Regards,
>>> Dave

but I don't know if
HTML syntax to begin

into every header and is

It wasn't clear

: 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js';

the google analytics code can be removed. I suppose done properly the doubles won't matter
much, but ....

- it's nice to see some else making a change!

| 1 line

| 1 line

manually added it to too many pages.

<dave2wave@comcast.net>

> [...]