incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject [Proposal] Remove OpenOffice Consultants list
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2012 19:55:11 GMT
We have this legacy page:  http://www.openoffice.org/bizdev/consultants.html

Users get to it via three main paths:

1) Google search for "openoffice consultants"

2) The OpenOffice.org Consultants Directory link from our main support
page;  http://www.openoffice.org/support/

3) From the legacy BizDev project page:  http://www.openoffice.org/bizdev/

Problem:  The consultants list has not been maintained.  The Spanish
and German links are dead.  Information on getting entries added
changed points to old openoffice.org email addresses that no longer
exist.

IMHO, an out of date list is doing more harm than good.

My Proposal:  Delete the consultants lists and point visitors of the
BizDev home page to the ooo-marketing list.  If someone is really an
OpenOffice consultant they should be easily findable by searching
Google, LinkedIn, etc.   This is not something that we need to
maintain.

-Rob