incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RELEASE][3.4.1]: preparation of download links etc.
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2012 12:25:38 GMT
On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 4:55 AM, J├╝rgen Schmidt
<jogischmidt@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> do we need special preparation for the upcoming release of aOO 3.4.1?

I think we should start preparations for:

1) Updating the /download site to point to 3.4.1 release files

2) Keep the legacy download page as it is now, pointing to the
previous major release, which is still OOo 3.3.0

3) Copy the AOO 3.4.0 files into archives.apache.org

4) Draft the announcement blog post

5) Submit SHA256 hashes to Symantec for whitelisting.  (Any other AV
vendors have a similar process?)

6) Update the podling website to point to the new source distribution

Of course, these are preparations only at this point.  We'll need to
wait for an approved ballot to actually complete 3 and 5, and will
need to wait for the mirrors and SourceForge to update with the
released files before we pull the trigger on the other items.

I'm already working on #4.  I did #5 before and can do it again,
unless anyone else wants to see how this is done.

-Rob