incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Registration
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2012 17:13:23 GMT
On 16 July 2012 17:26, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 12:06 PM, Barry Storah <barrystorah@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I keep getting a message to "Register Your OpenOffice.org", it is not possible as
I always get the message - Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage, or from OpenOffice
welcome page - get more information "the webpage cannot be found".

> Hi Barry,
>
> It sounds like you are installing an old version of OpenOffice.  The
> current version is 3.4 and it does not have a registration screen.
> You can download the latest version from
> http://download.openoffice.org.
>
> If for some reason you need to install the older version, you will get
> the behavior you reported.  The registration went to a Sun/Oracle
> website that no longer is up.  You can safely ignore that error.

Would it be possible to get the destination URL re-instated?
Ideally this would redirect to an ASF page (easier to maintain), where
the user could be informed that there is a new version.
Alternatively, the target page could do the same, with a link to the
ASF for further information.