incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shenfeng Liu <liush...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RELEASE] Next Release - 3.4.2? 3.5? 4.0?
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2012 05:02:05 GMT
Pedro,
  I think your comments are also very valuable to this planning thread! For
the Symphony value integration, per Symphony team's evaluation, will take 2
years or even longer for all the contents. That's why I think it is
critical to define some release in the middle to fruit. Fidelity,
performance, and other pieces like ICU & VBA that you mentioned, are some
thing important to most of our users, and relatively easy to migrate those
fixes/enhancements from Symphony. UI changes is a more complex topics, not
only from the technical perspective, but also user experience study for the
integration, which I believe will take long time for discussion. So I
suggest releases like 3.5, 3.6 to be on the way to 4.0.

- Simon