incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shenfeng Liu <liush...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Suggestion - file format
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2012 14:51:36 GMT
My 2 cents:
1. OpenOffice should always associate the ODF files. No need to provide an
option for user to check off. We can notify it during installation.
2. We should provide a check box for users to decide if he/she want
OpenOffice to associate with MS Office format.
3. Setting MS Office format as default should not be encouraged (even
purely from technical perspective, our data modal does not well match the
MS Office format), but maybe we should keep the possibility in case any
customer really want it (e.g. during the IT transition phase...). We can
make it as a kind of customization that not as easy as you can find a place
in UI to set it, but IT admin can config it before the deployment.

- Simon