incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Whytock <dwhyt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Marketing][UX] Who wants to do a Content Experiment?
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2012 15:56:51 GMT
On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 8:25 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> And if anyone is interested, a clue as to why these particular
> visitors are downloading AOO less might be gleamed by loading our
> download page on an older version of I.E.   Remember, to get this
> dialog in Windows, one must be running an older machine that does not
> understand ODF, so pre-Windows 7, and pre-Office 2007 SP2.

Perhaps there's a significant percentage of non-ODF-savvy people who
receive ODF files that don't want to edit it as much as see it.  AOO
is a pretty heavyweight download.  Does there exist the ODF equivalent
of Adobe Reader, some lightweight utility that can just display
contents?

I know this doesn't necessarily address the content experiment
question, but it could be the nature/tone/format of the content isn't
the issue.

Don