incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Whytock <dwhyt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Crazy idea: Use Google to translate website
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2012 13:57:16 GMT
You don't have to use Google Translate for the entire site into a
given language.  Better than no page at all in a given language is a
page in a given language that says, "Hi there!  This is the site for
Apache OpenOffice.  We welcome translations of our site into your
language, and invite you to volunteer at the following email address:
<blah> Or you can submit a translation through Google Translate, which
was used to produce this page."

Something as short as that is less likely to be garbled in
auto-translation than something technical, and it tells potential
contributors what to do to help out.

Don