incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandro Colorado <...@oooes.org>
Subject Re: XBRL reporting for the SEC
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2012 05:48:16 GMT
Is definitely possible, I have been looking at the multiple open source
frameworks for Firefox Chrome and is possible to go in different ways.

An OOo filter could be the most straight forward way to be able to change
XBRL to ODF. However the taxonomies from different regions will make this a
bit intensive  to code.

My simplest suggestion is to have a template using XForms which could
output to XBRL-compliant XML.

You can great an XML form with the tags you need on your XBRL and generate
it's output on a compliant fashion. Have a look at this tutorial, if you
want to know more about XForms in OO.
http://opendocument.xml.org/files/xforms_ooo_06_10_25.pdf