incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandro Colorado <...@oooes.org>
Subject Re: XBRL reporting for the SEC
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2012 15:48:14 GMT
On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 11:56 PM, alan tenore <alantenore@att.net> wrote:

> Hello:
>

> I was
> interested in knowing if OpenOffice can create XBRL (Business reporting
> language) files that are now required to be filed with the Securities and
> Exchange Commission for company filings – 10Q 10K?  This is a very
> specific program

As a sidenote, looking at Edgar 10Q for IBM it showed a very odd render of
an Excel file which is not able to be opened either by AOO or by Google
Docs, is a plain XML-HTML version which generates an odd mapping of the
document.
http://sec.gov/cgi-bin/viewer?action=view&cik=51143&accession_number=0001104659-12-027715&xbrl_type=v
It also resembles very little to the original taxonomy.

At first I thought it was OOXML but later found out is really an HTML
mapped through an XML. The mapping seems to be missing from this file,
which is hard to tell how Excel maps it's generic cells to the ifs taxonomy
which should be key to have some sort of relation.

There is also some extension that provides a mapping interface to route the
cells or lables to the right nodes. I am curious how excel produce the XBRL
starting from the generic cell-row format. Something similar to the Letter
Wizard duaring the field mapping section from the address book to the mail
merge.