incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Harbison <dpharbi...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Call for Papers for ApacheCon Europe 2012 now open!
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2012 15:28:00 GMT
Cross posting here in case folks missed this.  I'm putting together a blog
post and will further amplify the communications of this opportunity to our
broader community.

The primary concern here is the short time to submit your proposal. The
deadline is August 3rd. While it may be extended, I do not recommend that
you wait.

Please share your expert knowledge and experience with the broader
community at ApacheCon Europe 2012, November 5 - 9 in Sinsheim, Germany.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Nick Burch <nick.burch@alfresco.com>
Date: Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 2:14 PM
Subject: Call for Papers for ApacheCon Europe 2012 now open!
To: committers@apache.org

Hi All

We're pleased to announce that the Call for Papers for ApacheCon Europe
2012 is finally open!

(For those who don't already know, ApacheCon Europe will be taking place
between the 5th and the 9th of November this year, in Sinsheim, Germany.)

If you'd like to submit a talk proposal, please visit the conference
website at <http://www.apachecon.eu/> and sign up for a new account. Once
you've signed up, use your dashboard to enter your speaker bio, then submit
your talk proposal(s). There's more information on the CFP page on the
conference website.

We welcome talk proposals from all projects, from right across the bredth
of projects at the foundation! To make things easier for talk selection and
scheduling, we'd ask that you tag your proposal with the track that it most
closely fits within. The details of the tracks, and what projects they
expect to cover, are available at
<http://www.apachecon.eu/**tracks/<http://www.apachecon.eu/tracks/>
>.

(If your project/group of projects was intending to submit a track, and
missed the deadline, then please get in touch with us on <
apachecon-discuss@apache.org > straight away, so we can work out if it's
possible to squeeze you in...)

The CFP will close on Friday 3rd August, so you've a little over weeks to
send in your talk proposal. Don't put it off! We'll look forward to seeing
some great ones shortly!

Thanks
Nick
(On behalf of the Conferences committee)