incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Chen Peng <chenpeng2...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS]Macros are lost after saving the xls file to ods, then save as to xls again
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2012 08:33:07 GMT
Hi All,
      My name is Chen Peng, I am a developer from Symphony. My special
areas are VBA and sw.
      Now I found an issue about macros lost:
         I saved an excel file with VBA to spreadsheet, the VBA can work
well in spreadsheet, then I wanted to save this spreadsheet back to excel,
but all the macros are lost.
      I propose to save the binary data of excel VBA to spreadsheet, when
saving excel to spreadsheet, then we can get the binary data from
spreadsheet if need to save the spreadsheet to excel again.
      The binary data will not impact the open/save... of the ODF format
application, it will not be touched when we operate the ODF formant
applications. The binary data will be just used when we want to save the
spreadsheet to excel, it is just a data prestore about saving spreadsheet
macros to excel.
       Can you give some advice about the solution?
       Any feedback will be preciated, thanks.