incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Wolf Halton <wolf.hal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2012 11:00:13 GMT
On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 5:31 PM, Fernando Cassia <fcassia@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 1:59 AM, suhail ansari <suhailazaz@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > OpenOffice should be rewritten in JavaFX.
>
> Hmm... I should learn to search for email addresses before engaging
> into long discussions about programming with people who obviously have
> never done any programming...
>
> " Trying to start an Hardware Industry next year, Let's see if I can do
> it? "
> https://plus.google.com/103309406781801048883/posts/ceeXiVgho4S
>
> "Thinking of doing graduation in Commerce"
> https://plus.google.com/103309406781801048883/posts/PPfZVUn9nWJ
>
> "Introduction
> I am from Chattisgarh and I am under training to become an Investor
> Occupation : Investor"
> https://plus.google.com/103309406781801048883/about
>
> "I have a suggestion for Nexus One. I think Nexus One should come with
> an Projection keyboard."
> comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.handhelds.android.beginners/21124
>
> FC
> --
> During times of Universal Deceit, telling the truth becomes a
> revolutionary act
> - George Orwell

Everyone was a beginner sometime. As a conversation-starter, you must admit
the OP was pretty good.
The technical complexity of AOO doesn't lend itself to a weekend rewrite
into FlashFX, but the idea of a Java ODF viewer that can work with
OpenOffice has some merit.
I am partial to folding doors on the bikeshed and I do not care what colour
it is.

-Wolf

Open-Source Software in Libraries - http://FOSS4Lib.org
Apache Open Office Developer wolfhalton@apache.org