incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Fan Zheng <zheng.easy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Save as mobi or prc and epub
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2012 13:51:09 GMT
Hi, Cherise:

So sorry that I missed this thread before, which I am actually interested
in.

About the e-book exporting stuff, would you please tell me more about the
details you want? Or whether could you please answer my following questions?

1. When exporting to an e-book, should we consider the fidelity as we
always do for the other kind exchange file exporting?
2. should such exported e-book files could be auto-fit-able for different
reading devices?
3. What should be the good design, for certain contents, page
header/footer/footnote/reference for example?
4. Whether the PDF file can not satisfy your e-book requirements, and why?
5. The large scale and in-split-able objects, a big figure for example,
should be zoomed for presenting?
6. As the wireless printing, Air Print and Cloud Print for example, is
coming popular, do you also have such requirement on e-book?
7. The contents inside a e-book should be designed to be able to be
selected and COPY/PASTE?
8. What should be a good design for splitting tables in e-book?

Maybe questions above are somehow ridiculous to an experienced e-book user.
Sorry for that. I have to confess that, I want to help AOO to own such kind
capability on exporting e-books, but I have very little user experiences as
a e-book reader. So thank you so much for your tips on that!

Have a good day.