incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Sahand.T" <sasht...@gmail.com>
Subject How does hunspell deal with dots in wordlists?
Date Sat, 21 Jul 2012 01:42:30 GMT
Hi

I'm about to create a wordlist and am considering including
abbreviations in the wordlist. Before I do that I need to know how
hunspell deals with dots (.) in the wordlist. Are dots even allowed in
the wordlist for hunspell? If so, can I even write an abbreviation
like "O.K." with a dot after the final letter and have hunspell
correct "O.K" to "O.K."?

I tried this:

-------------------------

$ test.dic
1
O.K.

$ test.txt
O.K
O.K.

$ analyze test.aff test.dic test.txt
> O.K
Unknown word.
> O.K.

-------------------------

The "O.K" Turned up as an unknown word and the "O.K." (with dot in
end) didn't show anything at all. What does that mean?

If I change the OK in the dic file to "O.K" (without final dot)
everything is fine:

-------------------------

$ test.dic
1
O.K

$ analyze test.aff test.dic test.txt
> O.K
analyze(O.K) =  st:O.K
stem(O.K) = O.K
> O.K.
analyze(O.K.) =  st:O.K
analyze(O.K.) =  st:O.K
stem(O.K.) = O.K

The problem here is that it doesn't correct "O.K" to "O.K." which is
what I want.

Thanks

/S.Taher