incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ian C <...@amham.net>
Subject Re: Stephen, Arnaud & Barrie's school for potential Maven committers
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2012 05:26:01 GMT
On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 12:33 AM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> An interesting approach:
> http://javaadventure.blogspot.ie/2012/07/do-you-want-to-become-maven-committer.html
>
> I wonder if we could do something similar?  Maybe with QA or Translation?
>
> For it to work we'd need to commitment of several committers willing
> to be teachers/coaches/mentors for the new contributors.  And then
> we'd need to advertise the "school", perhaps with a blog post.  And
> then we'd need to work actively with the new contributors to answer
> their questions, etc.
>
> What do you think?

An excellent idea... a kind of puppy school where we can pee on the
carpet without being hit with a rolled up newspaper.
At least not too hard :-) And then be shown the correct way.

It would greatly help to break down the issue of which first bite to
take of the elephant.

Can I suggest that there be some sort of 'canned' examples/tests to
show the mechanics of what needs to be done?
A candidate for another video Rob?

--
Cheers,

Ian C