incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shan Zhu <shanzh...@gmail.com>
Subject [QA AUTOMATION][Proposal]Suggest to group definition of UI Controls in UIMap.java.
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2012 07:25:50 GMT
Hi, all

In VCLAuto, we define the UI controls used in our script in UIMap.java.
Now, there is a long disordered list of UI controls, which will continue to
grow up.
For readability, I propose to group the definition of controls by Editor
and dialogs.

1. Put the definition of controls in same editor together, with a comment
line at the front to declare the editor name.
2. Put the definition of controls in same dialog together, with a comment
line to declare the dialog name.
    It would be better that if the sequence of the definition for a dialog
could  following the UI arrangement in dialog.
For example,
// Spreadsheet: "Select Sheets" dialog
public static final VclDialog SCSelectSheetsDlg =
dialog(".uno:SelectTables");
// Spreasheet: "Sort" dialog
Moreover,  suggest to add definition for other controls in one dialog, even
you've used few of them in your script writing.
And, a basic rule for variable name definition is needed, if necessary.

Regards,
Shan Zhu