incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <dbronds...@geek.net>
Subject Re: Fwd: New links for localization web page
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2012 20:16:23 GMT
On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 3:52 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 3:22 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.schenk@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 12:12 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

> is
> >> fail-over

> >> and it

> - I
> other

> on

> >> If it is all in HTML pages that we control, it would be better to
> >> update the HTML.
> >>
> >> But I wonder whether we should just point them all to SourceForge?
> >> So far no one has taken the lead on figuring out what we need to do to
> >> maintain MirrorBrain.  So we're constantly one hiccup away for that
> >> service failing entirely.   If the directory structure is the same
> >> this could be an easy search and replace operation (or a small set of
> >> them) on ooo-site.
> >>
> >> -Rob
> >>

> > Before I stopped my search of the website content ("grep"), I had 3133
> > occurrences.  Maybe 75% of the way done I think. So, a lot...so far, a
> mix
> > of 3.3 downloads (at SourceForge), and 3.2 (not at SourceForge). So, we
> > could definitely change the 3.3 references to SourceForge, but what about
> > the 3.2 references?
> >

> I do have some stats on MirrorBrain downloads of OOo.  So in the most
> recent full month (June) the download counts were:
>
> OOo 3.3.0: 586,785
> OOo 3.2.1: 1,365
> OOo 3.2.0: 166
> OOo 3.1.0: 23
> OOo 3.0.1: 24
> OOo 3.0.0: 60
>
> (In that same time period AOO 3.4.0 had 4M downloads)
>
> So I think we should focus on the OOo 3.3.0 links.  They are being
> used over 400x more often then the 3.2.1 links.
>
> Do we know whether SF has a complete copy of the OOo 3.3.0 files, with
> all languages/platforms?

Yes, I believe SF should have all the 3.3.0 files.  They should align with
existing directory structure too.  A few examples:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/stable/3.3.0/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/localized/hu/3.3.0/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/packages/7/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/extended/iso/en/