incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Clarence GUO <clarence.guo...@gmail.com>
Subject Discussion on Bug 119639, the requirement conflicts with ODF standard
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2012 06:11:25 GMT
HI~
I'm investigating bug 119639. Basically I need ODF standard to support
chart:percentage attribute not only in <chart:plot-area> applied style but
also in <chart:series> applied style. However ODF v1.2 says for
chart:percentage attribute "This attribute is evaluated for chart styles
that are applied to a <chart:plot-area> element.". So the requirement is
conflict with the ODF standard. So is there any method can satisfy my
requirement without ODF standard change? The details please reference below
explanation. I also post it as comment to this bug.

The chart in the sample is not a standard chart but a composite chart.
Series 1, 2 and 4 are percent stacked columns which were applied to the
main Y axis, while series 3 is normal column which was applied to the
secondary Y axis. So series 3 will cover some part of Series 1, 2 and 4.
MS Office supports such chart. It can set one or more data series to
another chart type. AOO's UI cannot do this. But the chart kernal function
supports. So when open the sample file the chart looks OK. However, the ODF
format doesn't support this, that why after save the sample to ods and
reopen, the chart becomes incorrect(Series 3 occupy 100% space of the
percent stacked column).
The reason is AOO defined a style 'ch4' and applied to <chart:plot-area>.
In this style, the chart:percentage attribute was set to true. This
attribute specifies a percentage accumulation of values per category.
Because this style was applied to <chart:plot-area>, then all data series
are regarded as percent columns. And series 3 is a unique data series which
applied to the secondary Y axis. So it occpy the total 100% space so that
other data series are all covered.
If want to fix this defect, must move chart:percentage attribute from the
style which applied to <chart:plot-area> to the style which applied to
<chart:series>. However, for this attribute, ODF 1.2 says "This attribute
is evaluated for chart styles that are applied to a <chart:plot-area>
element.". So my requirement is conflict with the ODF standard.
Then how can I fix this defect? It seems the only way is to change the
standard and change the corresponding filter code. But I know change the
standard is not easy...